Monday, December 19, 2005

Family Christmas

Well its been a productive weekend. This was my last weekend out at the farm and we had a great time. We had a great drive out, the roads were good and we were able to see some really good scenery thanks to the blanket of snow left behind by the past three days of snowfall. We enjoyed a large, homemade christmas dinner with all the trimmings and a chocolate elcair cake for desert. Then came present opening time for the kids. My Dad and Mom got the kids both new sets of shoes which is awesome. They also got them toy ATV's which was a real treat for them both.

After a little relaxation the men; My Dad, Aaron(my sister Nadine's Husband), and I all went outside to tool around with the snowmobile to see if we could get it running. There was sweat, there was tears, there was a lot of pulling on a tiny cord listening to a deadish sound comeing from the engine compartment. It was only after an earth shattering discovery that we were able to bring the beast that it was to glorious smoke churning life. So the question begs to be asked why was it that the machine was so unrepentantly not firing. The gas tank seemed a tad bit on the empty side....... : /

A great time was had by all whisked too and frow from field to field. I even had time to take my oldest son for a short ride of which he wasn't absolutely certain what he had just gone through(hes two and a half). Oh for the glory, oh for the freedom, oh for the overly soft snowdrifts with not quite enough incline to carry the machine to the top....... : / 30 minutes, 2 tow ropes and a four by four later I was on my way home to park the machine for the night.

Much fun was had by during the day. However it was with a degree of sadness that I left the farm for the last time. It will be sold on the 31st of Dec to good friends of my parents and they will be moving into my grandparents house in Gladstone.


4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hello. Nice pictures. Where's the Christmas ones?

7:53 AM  
Blogger Vern said...

I haven't had a chance to post the Christmas Day pics as of yet. I am working to resolve that situation however.

7:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love those house decorations.

3:38 PM  
Blogger Vern said...

For sure!!

6:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home